Closing Date: 25 May 2017
Salary: R 81 316.09 – R 103 071.81 (T4) + MUNICIPAL BENEFITS
TERM OF CONTRACT : FIXED TERM CONTRACT
DEPARTMENT : COMMUNITY SERVICES
SECTION : LIBRARY INFORMATION SERVICES
REF NO : Notice 95/2017
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE: ● Grade 12 (NQF level 4) ● Relevant 2 months’ experience.
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS: ● Be able to work after normal working hours, shifts and on weekends ● Good interpersonal skills ● Be prepared to be hands on ● Be friendly and helpful ● Must be prepared to rotate between libraries ● Proficiency in at least 2 of the official languages of the Western Cape.
FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:● Undertakes activities associated with maintaining cleanliness of designated areas● Provide support by undertaking specific library and/or messenger related activities ● receiving verbal instructions from the immediate superior on the work programs and/or priorities related to the library and/or communicating specific cleaning material requirements ● Preparing and serving beverages to personnel and washing up utensils/ tea cups ● Attends to general requirements, providing support during the execution of library related requirements ● Place pre-arranged books in allocated spaces on library shelves or removing specific books with obsolete identification labels/ markers● Repairing books, replacing covers, erasing marks and removing stains● Collecting or delivering books, correspondence and/ or items to/from internal departments ● Monitoring and assisting library users especially children.
Work related enquiries can be directed to Manager Library and Information Services: Mrs. M Johnston; firstname.lastname@example.org or on tell: 044 – 501 3000.
For general enquiries contact Mr. Henry van Rooyen or Ms. Elaine Sipingo on telephone no: 044 5013000.
Candidates must be willing to be subjected to an interview and be aware that previous employers and references may be contacted and their qualifications, credit and criminal records be verified.
Applications forms are available on the Bitou website (www.bitou.gov.za); A detailed CV of no more than five pages plus original certified copies of qualifications must be attached to the application form and must be posted /hand delivered to the Human Resources Section, Bitou Municipality, Private Bag X1002; Plettenberg Bay; 6600.
The requirements of the Employment Equity Act apply for this position, but will not be the only criterion applied.
Please take note:
1. Only hard-copy applications will be considered. No electronic or faxed applications will be accepted.
2. Please complete the Reference Checking Consent & Authorization Form, which is available on the Municipality’s Website. (Compulsory)
3. Preference will be given to Green Valley/Local residents before considering candidates outside the Bitou Municipal Area.
4. Late applications will not be considered. Canvassing of Councillors with the purpose of being appointed is not permitted and proof of such canvassing shall lead to disqualification.
5. Bitou Municipality is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from the designated groups, including those with disabilities, are encouraged to apply.
6. If you receive no feedback from us within 12 weeks after the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. Bitou Municipality reserves the right not to make any appointment and to re-advertise before a short list is compiled
Closing Date: 25 May 2017 @ 14:00 pmNotice 95 of 2017_ Library_Aid - UPDATED (200.54KB) External Job application form (301.61KB) Reference Checking consent form (181.62KB) Last published 04 February 2019