Issued on 14 July 2021
- The current incidents of looting, violence and attack on properties in especially KZN and Gauteng;
- The theft, the violence and scenes of criminality have on the constitutional democracy and the rule of law in South Africa.
- That South Africa is currently at lockdown Level 4, during Wave 3 of the Covid-19.
- The safety of people and property is a constitutional responsibility of the State.
Therefore, the following political parties represented in the Council of Bitou Municipality:
- Call for peace and stability in all our towns in our Municipality.
- Appreciate the work of the law enforcement agencies, neighbourhood watches, private security industry, community safety officers, farm watches in maintaining law and order.
- Will work with all communities as elected councillors and public representatives to maintain law and order and provide the necessary leadership to create calmness in our communities.
- Appeal to our residents across our Municipality to refrain from circulating fake news and unverified. Spreading of fake news is a punishable offence and should be stopped at all costs.
- Work towards protecting our people as well as private, public and municipal property and
- Call on all our interfaith leaders within Bitou Municipality to lead us in prayer for peace and stability in our nation, Province and Municipality.
Name of all leaders presented in the Council
Last published 14 July 2021
African National Congress Councillor Mpakamisi Mbali
Democratic Alliance Councillor Jacobus Willem Nel
Active United Front Councillor Msiboti Peter Lobese
Speaker Alderman Euan Wildeman
Acting Executive Mayor Councillor Sandiso Gcabayi